- Performs firefighting work, including preventing, combating, and extinguishing fires to protect lives, property, and the environment.
- Operates firefighting equipment and tools appropriately.
- Quickly and effectively analyzes hazardous situations and takes appropriate action.
- Participates in training, classes, and drills.
- Perform general maintenance work of fire equipment and facilities.
- Operates firefighting apparatus, including pump operations and driving in emergent and non-emergent conditions.
Position Hours: 24 hours on / 48 hours off
Employee Status: Full-Time
- High school diploma or GED supplemented by training in fire service programs or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities; must complete required coursework and maintain required certifications as issued by the S.C. Fire; and must possess a valid and appropriately classed S.C. driver's license.
- Preferred courses and certifications include:
o IFSAC/Pro-Board Firefighter I & II
o Emergency Medical Responder
o ICS 100 & 200
o Emergency Vehicle Driver’s Training
o Pump Operations
- Ability to pass firefighter OSHA physical, must be physically capable of performing all tasks and must participate in physical training programs when off-duty.
Pay info: $34,650 DOE/DOQ, with excellent benefits including paid holidays, participation in the State PORS, State Health Plan with employees’ basic health and dental insurance premiums paid by the Town.
How to apply:
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail resumes to: Town of
Ridgeland Fire Department, Attn: Chief Bradley Bonds, P.O. Box 1119, Ridgeland, SC
Deadline: Open Until Filled
EOE Disclaimer: The Town of Ridgeland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town does not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Law Enforcement, Town of Ridgeland
Category: Police Officer
Job Duties: Include (but not limited to):
- Respond to calls for service
- Enforce all SC traffic laws
- Work traffic collisions
Qualifications: Include (but not limited to):
- SCCJA certification highly desired
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid SC driver’s license with 5 year driving record
Pay info: Starting at $38,192 annually DOQ, paid insurance premium for State Health Plan, State Retirement.
How to apply:
Send all job inquiries and applications to Frank Mador, Operations Commander, P.O. Box 1719, Ridgeland, SC 29936 or email to email@example.com
Deadline: Open Until Filled
EOE Disclaimer: The Ridgeland Police Department is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability or facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.
WATER/SEWER Technician I, Town of Ridgeland
- Maintains and repairs the sewer collection system for the Town of Ridgeland; inspects sewage pump stations to ensure proper working conditions.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on pump houses, piping and rights of way; cleans and inspects manholes and sewer mains; repairs and installs sewer mains and laterals; performs general grounds keeping duties as needed..
- Must be able to operate a backhoe, tractor, dump truck, rodding machine, jetter, jackhammer and various hand tools and power equipment as needed and maintains assigned vehicle and equipment to be in clean, good-working condition.
- Helps monitor treatment lagoons and wastewater collection and treatment systems. Reads meters once per month.
- Reports directly to the Water/Sewer Foreman.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Water/Sewer Director.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; valid SC driver’s license; ability to pass a background check and drug screening; must provide satisfactory 5-year SC DMV driving report; Must be willing to develop and work as necessary a rotating weekend schedule to check water and wastewater system operations and to promptly respond to customer complaints and/or system emergencies that may occur 24/7.
Physical Abilities: Requires the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis, pushing, pulling, guiding over 50 pounds on an infrequent basis. Requires the ability to stoop, kneel, and crouch to place and move work objects. Requires the ability to perform full arm extension and movement out and overhead. Requires sufficient hand-eye coordination, hand and finger dexterity including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical, regulatory and safety information. Requires the ability to work on varying work shifts and in challenging work conditions that have septic and chemical exposure risks as well as odor and noise extremes. Must be able to perform the above in inclement weather conditions such as hot, cold, rain, ice, wind and other such inclement weather conditions.
Compensation: Compensation is dependent upon qualifications and includes full benefits package including paid dental/health insurance through the State Health Plan, SCRS state retirement and paid vacation/holidays.
How to Apply: Please visit http://www.ridgelandsc.gov/news.htm to see full job description. Please email cover letters &
resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until Filled. The Town of Ridgeland is an Equal Opportunity Employer