Law Enforcement, Town of Ridgeland
Category: Police Officer
Job Duties: Include (but not limited to):
- Respond to calls for service
- Enforce all SC traffic laws
- Work traffic collisions
Qualifications: Include (but not limited to):
- SCCJA certification highly desired
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid SC driver’s license with 5 year driving record
Pay info: Starting at $38,192 annually DOQ, paid insurance premium for State Health Plan, State Retirement.
How to apply:
Send all job inquiries and applications to Frank Mador, Operations Commander, P.O. Box 1719, Ridgeland, SC 29936 or email to email@example.com
Deadline: Open Until Filled
EOE Disclaimer: The Ridgeland Police Department is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability or facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under direct supervision of the General Services Department Director, the Town of Ridgeland is hiring a Park Maintenance Tech that will be tasked to maintain all streetscape floral planting, landscape maintenance and other general duties that may arise throughout Town.
PAY SCALE: $27,000 - $30,000 D.O.Q.
HOURS: M-T 7:30 am – 4:00 pm F 7:30 am – 1:00 pm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Plan and order all plant arrangements (seasonal) for Town streetscapes and parks; Empty trash receptacles as required
- Park landscape maintenance to include weeding, watering, cutting, trimming, etc. of all Town-maintained streetscape and parks
- Use small equipment as required for all landscape and park maintenance • Plant new flowers, shrubs, plants and decorative seasonals
- Monitor plants/flowers for potential insect infestation or signs of disease and apply pesticides, fertilizers as appropriate
- Apply mulch, repair sprinklers and follow spring/fall plant bed plans
- Remove weeds, dead plants, trash and uphold landscaping design
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Previous experience in landscaping or groundskeeping a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use and maintenance of landscape maintenance equipment such as hedge trimmers, lawnmowers, string trimmers, leaf blowers, etc.;
- Ability to deal with general public tactfully and effectively; ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position; good judgment; initiative; integrity; courtesy; accuracy; dependability;
- Able to bend, squat, stand for extended periods and lift up to 40 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED; Valid South Carolina Driver’s License with 5 year driving record; Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check; The
Town of Ridgeland offers a generous benefits package that includes paid employee health insurance, participation in the State Retirement Plan as a Class Three member, and paid sick leave/holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward resumes and cover letters to Mr. Kelly Payne, General Services Director: Town of Ridgeland, Attn. K. Payne, P.O. Box 1119, Ridgeland SC 29936
EOE Disclaimer: The Town of Ridgeland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability or facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.